- Children are prone to cuts & bruises
- Some wounds hurt the muscle which leads to swelling
- Some injuries just scrape the skin causing bleeding
- Kids may get scratches or puncture wounds
- A severe injury can cause fractures or require stitches
- Check the severity of the injury before proceeding
Home remedy using neem leaves and turmericMargosa leaves have great antiseptc properties and come in handy in treating minor scratches or skin abrasions.
- Crush around 20 margosa or neem leaves.
- Place these crushed leaves on a sieve & press them to remove their juice
- Add ½ tsp turmeric powder to this juice
- Dip some cotton pads in this juice & apply the paste on the wound
- Let it stay on for as long as possible. Re-apply after every 3-4 hr.
Natural home remedy using spinachIf your child has bumped into some hard object, its quite possible there will be a bluish black discoloration on the skin. It's called a bruise. To treat a bruise:
- Crush a handful of spinach leaves to a paste
- Apply this paste on the affected area
- Leave it for 20 min
- Wash it off with normal water You should also tie up some ice cubes in piece of cloth and apply it on the bruise for about 5 min. Follow this, by applying a hot compress after 1 hr. It should help get the blood circulation going.
- Use these remedies only for minor injuries
- In case of excessive pain, rush the child to a doctor