We all are aware that spinach is known to be a very healthy, but are we aware of what it actually contains? A rich source of anti-oxidants, vitamins K, A and C, it plays an important role in providing basic nutrients to our body. Spinach is also an important source of vitamin B2 and Omega 3 fatty acids that help in producing energy and keeping us healthy.
How to consume this vitamin and mineral rich super food? Here are some ways!
1. Smoothies – Spinach can be added to various smoothie combinations, for example with mango, strawberries, oranges and even pineapple. You can experiment and make your own version of smoothie!
Here is one recipe to help you get started!
- 1 cup of organic spinach
- 1 orange
- 1/2 banana
- Coconut water, as desired
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, optional
- Add all the ingredients in the blender and blend till it all combines.
- Pour some coconut water and keep adding to get the consistency you require.
- Voila! The smoothie is ready!
2. Salads – Small amounts of spinach can always be added with other salad greens, fresh veggies, nuts and fruits. It makes for a filling snack or if you like, a dinner of spinach salad is a great idea!
3. Boiled spinach – Boiling spinach for even a minute maximizes its benefits and can be easily added to pastas, pizzas and soups. Try adding boiled spinach leaves to your pasta next time.
4. Fried spinach – Well any vegetable fried is quite tasty and so is spinach. You can have minimum quantities of fried spinach with boiled vegetables so as to keep those calories in check.
5. Spinach curry or dal – All mothers are screaming a big yay to this. Spinach can be added to different kinds of curries we prepare, including different lentils and vegetables. Spinach dal tastes absolutely delicious. Do try it at home and you’ll thank us! You can also add spinach to brown rice and enjoy the combination of curry with spinach rice.
Don’t forget to visit our nutrition page to know more about healthy recipes.